The Fit Mother Project 30x
The Fit Mother Project 30X is a weight loss program for busy moms of all ages.
The benefits of choosing FM30X for weight loss:
- It’s a well-balanced, low-calorie diet plan designed to maximize energy
- It’s effective for women of all ages, including women over 50
- It contains motivational support from health experts
- It includes fat-burning workouts
- It provides healthy weight loss recipes
- It includes weekly newsletters
- It offers private fit mom Facebook group access for extra moral support
You can maintain the Fit Mother Project healthy eating plans indefinitely, even after youve reached your goal weight.
FM30X is a lifestyle, not a fad diet!
What Is A Healthy Diet For Men Over Age 50 And Why Is It Important
A healthy diet can help men over age 50 reduce their risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity and some types of cancer.
Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products are healthy choices. Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts are good sources of protein, too. For heart health and weight management, its important to eat foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt and added sugars.
A registered dietitian is the best source of information about a healthy diet at any age.
The Age Diet Chart For Your 30s
5 Ingredients, 5 Minutes, 5 Lunches
You do have time for lunch! Here, healthy meals that take five minutes to whip up.
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad: Toss 3 ounces light tuna with 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 diced cucumber, 1 cup white beans, and 2 tablespoons Italian dressing.
- Almond Butter and Pear Sandwich: Spread 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon almond butter. Top with 1/2 small sliced pear and 1 teaspoon honey. Enjoy with a glass of nonfat milk.
- Tex-Mex Turkey Wrap: In a medium whole wheat tortilla, fold 3 ounces sliced turkey breast, 1/4 sliced avocado, 1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Ham and Brie Sandwich: Spread 1 tablespoon honey mustard on 2 pieces pumpernickel bread. Top with 2 ounces ham, 1 ounce Brie, lettuce, and tomato.
- Smoked Salmon Bagel: Spread 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese on a whole wheat bagel. Top with 2 ounces smoked salmon, sliced red onion, and 2 teaspoons capers.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Plexus Diet Plan
Choose A Daily Calorie Allotment
Based on your activity level, weight management goals, and current energy intake, choose your daily calorie goals.
Many women over 50 require 1,200-1,500 calories per day for weight loss, and 1,600-2,200 calories daily to maintain a healthy weight.
Reduce your current intake by 500-1,000 calories per day if weight loss is your goal.
Potatoes Bread Rice Pasta And Other Starchy Carbohydrates
You should eat plenty of foods rich in starch and fibre. Starchy foods such as bread, rice, potatoes and pasta are a good source of energy, fibre and B vitamins and should be used as the basis for meals.
Choose higher-fibre, wholegrain varieties such as whole wheat pasta, brown rice, or simply leaving the skins on potatoes. As well as being low in fat and high in fibre, they are good sources of other essential nutrients – protein, vitamins and minerals.
Breakfast cereals are a great way to start the day – they are a good source of energy, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Opt for wholegrain breakfast cereals and whole oats.
The fibre from these helps to prevent constipation which reduces the risk of some common disorders in the intestine. Remember to increase fibre slowly as bowel discomfort, flatulence and distension may occur if consumed in large quantities, or if the amount of fibre eaten is increased very rapidly. Don’t buy raw bran and sprinkle it on your food to increase fibre as this may prevent you from absorbing some important minerals.
Fluid plays a vital role in allowing fibre to pass through our body we should aim for six to eight glasses of fluid every day. Water, lower fat milk and sugar-free drinks including tea and coffee all count.
Don’t Miss: Best Diet To Lose Body Fat Percentage
Plan #: For Men Who Are Out Of Practise
If you finished training and are urged to get back on the horse, where do you start once you reach the big 5-0? Well according to Lazarus you should start from the very beginning.
If the lift is an old favourite the muscle memory does not forget, theres bound to be some issues due to the time out. My clients will first grab a weight, show me a movement and go from there, because the movement may have changed over the years maybe theyve sat on their hip too long, or theres been a shoulder injury.” The emphasis should not be on the load. Put your ego to one side and take it light. Once the muscle memorys kicked back in, accelerate with extra load.
Lazarus tells us that once you reach 50, you can take no more than two or three years out of training before all hope of becoming as fit as you were has vanished, with muscle and mobility deterioration irreparable. Thats not to say you wont still improve “only by looking at a person could you judge what they can or cant do,” says Lazarus but full strength is out of the question.
Vegetarian And Vegan Diets
Vegetarian diets lack meat, poultry, fish, and seafood.
Some vegetarians eat eggs or dairy foods while vegan dieters eliminate animal foods entirely.
Studies show that vegetarian diets, especially vegan diets, can significantly boost weight loss in overweight adults.
Eliminating meat is a simple weight loss strategy for women over 50 and a method for disease prevention, as red and processed meats are associated with certain types of cancer.
Also Check: Losing Weight On Carnivore Diet
Healthy 2000 Calorie And 2400 Calorie Diet Charts For Elderly Men
As you reach the golden years the daily calorie requirement changes because of the change in the composition of the body more fat and fewer muscles. In modern times, obesity has become an epidemic among people of all age groups including elderlies and the question of how to overcome obesity is a burning question that the society is still struggling to solve. But, exactly how many calories a man needs on a daily basis to maintain healthy body weight depends on his level of physical activity and age. It has been seen that daily calorie intake for men over the age of 51 ranges between 2000 and 2400 calories. But the problem with requiring fewer calories is that it becomes difficult to meet the daily nutrient needs of the body, making it essential to include basic nutrient-rich foods in the diet. A healthy diet for men with more or less sedentary lifestyle should include 2000 calories in order to prevent weight gain and reduce the risk of obesity. The calorie requirement for men over the age of 51 with an active lifestyle is roughly 2400 calories.
2000 Calorie Diet Plan for Elderly Men with Sedentary Lifestyle
A 2000 calories diet for men is segregated into 3 meals and 2 snacks, each meal encompassing approximately 500 calories and each snack encompassing approximately 250 calories.
Breakfast 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 28 grams bran cereal, 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, 1 glass skim milk, 1 peach
Mid-Morning Snack 1 cup fruit yogurt and bran mix
How Does The Keto Diet Work
Its a partial fast. Typically after you eat carbs, your blood sugar goes up, and that sugar powers the bodys cells. But when you dont eat carbs for a while, your blood sugar runs dry, and the liver begins using stored body fat for fuel. Its like a back-up system for your body. This process is called ketosis.
Because the keto diet is not a full fast, your body still has an alternative source of energy, and you can maintain lean muscle mass.
You May Like: Free Diet Plan To Lose 20 Pounds In A Month
Hide Nutrients In Smoothies
Smoothies are a very useful vehicle for adding more fruit and vegetables into a persons diet. They are very easy to make and digest and ingredients can be added to customize the nutrition content of each frozen drink. For example, spinach and kale are nutrient-dense ingredients that can be easily blended with fruits like oranges and apples. Although they may change the color of the beverage, leafy greens usually do not affect the taste of the final product. The possible combinations are limitless and can be customized to suit any palate and dietary requirements.
Cut Out Alcohol And Smoking
Eliminating alcohol or cutting back on it is a simple way to nix calories for weight loss over 50, as you might be consuming up to 500 calories or more from alcoholic drinks.
Smoking is another habit to steer clear of, as it can hinder your ability to get a good nights sleep and drastically increase your risk of cancer.
Recommended Reading: Do Calories Count On Keto Diet
How To Tell If You’re Drinking Enough
As you get older, your sense of thirst reduces which means we might not always feel thirsty when your body is already dehydrated.
Keep a look out for the following symptoms of dehydration:
- urine has a dark colour and you dont pass much when you go to the toilet
- confusion and irritability
- lack of concentration
As you get older, these signs of dehydration could also be signs of other issues so check with your GP if youre concerned about any symptoms.
If Youre A Man Over 50 Who Wants To Rediscover The Physique And Performance Of Your Youth This Is The Best Gym Workout Routine For You
Theres been a shift over the last few years.
Its no longer the norm for men over 50 to slow down, stop lifting weights or become less active.
Instead, pioneers like Stallone, Chuck Norris and Schwarzenegger are leading the way with fit, fat free and muscular physiques.
Its about time too.
And its time for you to get involved as well with this workout plan specifically designed to take you from your current condition to that of an athletic man in his prime in just a few weeks.
In this guide we tell you everything you need to know about using the gym to stay fit and active in your 50s.
If your goal is to drop body fat, enhance physical performance or just to improve the way you look and feel
This is the best gym workout guide for you.
Recommended Reading: Mediterranean Diet Food List For Weight Loss
Befriend Your Bathroom Scale
Weigh yourself each morning so you notice right away if the number is trending up instead of down. If you gain weight, and if you focus on it early and its only a few pounds, you can lose it quickly, but if you let it stay, basically it reprograms your body at a higher weight and it makes it hard to lose because you get hungry, Tucker says. Especially if you want to lose weight over 50, it’s useful to jump on any gain right away. Learn more about the benefits of weighing yourself daily.
Discover A New Way To Eat
Here’s a different way to think about how much you eat: Kristin Kirkpatrick, R.D.N., consultant for integrative and lifestyle medicine for the Cleveland Clinic, recommends to her clients this: Stop eating when you’re no longer hungry. Not when you’re “full.” Could be a game changer. Find out more about it here.
Recommended Reading: What Diet Should I Go On
Promote Skin Integrity With Vitamins C And E
Lastly, dont take dry, delicate skin lightly because its just a sign of aging. Be proactive and use vitamins E and C to help maintain skin integrity. Sunflower seeds, almonds and spinach are excellent sources of vitamin E, and bell peppers, cruciferous vegetables , and berries pack a great deal of vitamin C. Adequate hydration is crucial for improving skin elasticity and resilience as well. Skin that is in good shape wont be damaged as easily, and injuries will heal much faster. This includes everyday bumps and scrapes around the house, incisions from surgery, and pressure ulcers. Dont forget that eating to support your skin will have both cosmetic and health benefits!
Tips For A Healthy Diet And Weight For Men
Theres lots of nutrition advice out there, but these tips may help you get a handle on your health:
- Always eat breakfast .
- Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Listen to your body. Stop when, or even before, youre full.
- Shop after a meal or snack , and take a list so youre less tempted to make poor choices.
- Plan healthy, quick and easy meals for busy days.
- Enjoy meals with others, and not in front of the TV or other devices.
- Make healthy choices when eating out. Grilled or steamed foods are healthy, or try entrée sizes and if having dessert, share it with a friend.
- Make water your main drink.
- Fill up on fruit and vegetables when youre hungry.
- Move every day, as often as you can. Go for a walk, play active games, go for a ride, get in the garden.
- Find a buddy to help you stick to your healthy diet and physical activities.
Also Check: Best Diet To Lose Weight In 3 Months
Know Your Serving Sizes
For the five food groups, aim for these amounts each day:
- vegetables: 56 serves. A standard serve is about 75 grams for example, ½ cup cooked green or orange vegetables or ½ cup cooked dried or canned beans, peas or lentils or 1 cup of green leafy vegetables or salad
- fruit: 2 serves. A standard serve is 150 grams for example, a medium apple or banana, or two kiwi fruits or plums. Try to eat whole fruit and limit fruit juice and dried fruit to only occasionally
- grains foods: 4.5 serves for those over the age of 70 years 6 serves for younger men. A standard serve is 500 kilojoules for example, one slice of bread or ½ cup cooked porridge or ½ cup of cooked rice or pasta. At least two-thirds of choices should be wholegrain varieties
- lean meats and poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts and seeds, and legumes/beans: 2.5 to 3 serves, depending on age. A standard serve is 500600 kilojoules for example, 65 grams cooked lean red meats two large eggs 150 grams of cooked or canned lentils, chick peas or split peas or 170 grams of tofu
- milk, yoghurt and cheese or alternatives: 2.5 to 3.5 serves, depending on age. A standard serve is 500600 kilojoules for example, a cup of milk or ¾ cup yoghurt.
General Guidelines For The Keto Diet For Women Over 50
- Ensure the proper intake of all the macronutrients by your health, weight, and metabolism
- Opt for home-cooked food and avoid ordering food from outside
- Track your calories daily while further keeping an eye on the meal portions and serving sizes
- Avoid consumption of processed, refined, and sugary food items
- Dont proceed with this diet without consulting with your doctor or physician
- Skip it in case you are diagnosed with any severe health complications or chronic disease
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily to keep yourself hydrated all the time
Read Also: Best Diet For Women With Hypothyroidism
Foods You Can Eat On The Keto Diet
When you’re on the keto diet, youll eat a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet. If you do this carefully and consistently for 2-3 weeks, your body will enter into a state of ketosis.
The keto diet uses a ratio of macronutrients . Typical ratios used are 4:1 or 3:1, meaning your diet will be made up of 4 or 3 grams of fat for every 1 gram of protein and carbohydrate combined. This equals about 70% to 80% fat and 20% to 30% protein plus carbohydrate. For a typical 2000-calorie diet, this amounts to roughly 165 grams fat, 75 grams protein, and 40 grams carbohydrate.
The foods you can eat on a keto diet include:
Diet Chart For Your 20s
You’re working your first real job, making new friends, dating, getting married, maybe even starting a family. Your life is a whirlwind, which means creating a diet chart and following it hasn’t been your top priority. To conquer your biggest nutritional dilemmas:
Make fast food healthy. Grabbing dinner on the go means you may be missing out on crucial nutrients, says Bonnie Taub-Dix, R.D., a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association. Slave over the stove? Nah. Choose healthy convenience foods such as rotisserie chicken, shrimp cocktail, steamed dumplings, and salads and enjoy them with speedy additions from your kitchen such as whole wheat pasta, instant brown rice, and frozen veggies.
Drink to your health. Margaritas, mojitos, and cosmos can add up faster than you can say cheers. Enter light beer . It’s filling, so you’re less likely to want a second, and it takes a good, long time to drink.
Recommended Reading: Can You Outrun A Bad Diet
Fitness Tips For Men Over 50 To Stay In Shape
#1. Focus on strength training to maintain muscle mass
Keeping your muscles strong and lean helps to improve the way you look, your physical and functional abilities and also offsets natural muscle loss due to reduced testosterone and protein synthesis.
#2. Keep workouts short and sharp to optimize hormonal response
Youre a busy guy who hasnt got the time to spend all day in the gym. Luckily, short and intense workouts have a more beneficial effect on anabolic hormones and strength.
#3. Dont be afraid to lift heavy once youve nailed your technique
Once youve practiced each exercise and have the form mastered, start loading up! Remember, the key to functional muscle power after 50 is heavy weight lifting.
#4. Keep your day-to-day activity levels high
Supporting your strength workouts with regular activities throughout the day is the key to staying lean. Whether its walking, sports, fun activities or physical hobbies, do your best to move daily.
#5. Dont skip the warm up
As those niggles and aches start to creep in its important that you keep your muscles, joints and connective tissues safe by preparing them properly before your workouts.
#6. Make sure you recover between gym workouts
The unfortunate inevitability about aging is that you cant train all day, every day without suffering fatigue.
But with regular recovery days and clever training youll not need to.
#7. Dont be afraid to push yourself
#8. Perform daily mobility drills